Adele wins Songwriter of the Year at the Ivors. But the 2011 October issue of Vogue Uk featuring singer Adele was one of the worst selling issues of all time. Really strange because the USA Vogue with Adele was their best cover ever…
Why Plus Size Models Matter – Director of BELLA models, Chelsea Bonner was invited by Vogue Australia to write an opinion piece for the launch of ‘The Health Initiative’ Issue. Maybe the Dutch Vogue should invite me? To discuss this.
A beautiful quote by Vogue. A great mission, time for change!
Breaking news in fashion world! The Health Initiative, a pact between the 19 international Editors of Vogue to encourage a healthier approach to body image within the industry, was announced today. Vogue is uniquely placed to engage with relevant issues in order to make a difference. Vogue believes that good health is beautiful. No more unrealistically small sample sizes in Vogue? This means a revolution: the end of a too skinny fashion period… ? Hopefully more magazines will follow. The next step will be samples in sizes 36 and 42, so stylists have their own choice to work with a regular or an inbetweenie…
The June issues of Vogue launch The Health Initiative globally featuring individually commissioned editorial, while the Editors of Vogue have agreed a six point pact as follows:
1. We will not knowingly work with models under the age of 16 or who appear to have an eating disorder.
2. We will ask agents not to knowingly send us underage girls and casting directors to check IDs when casting shoots, shows and campaigns.
3. We will help to structure mentoring programmes where more mature models are able to give advice and guidance to younger girls
4. We will encourage producers to create healthy backstage working conditions, including healthy food options and a respect for privacy.
5. We encourage designers to consider the consequences of unrealistically small sample sizes of their clothing, which limits the range of women who can be photographed in their clothes, AND ENCOURAGES THE USE OF EXTREMELY THIN MODELS.
6. We will be ambassadors for the message of healthy body image.
Finally there! Our own Vogue! After an exciting period of waiting, yesterday the Dutch Vogue has been launched. On the cover Dutch top models Romee Strijd, Ymre Stiekema en Josefien Rodermans. Congrats Karin Swerink (editor in chief) and the whole team, with this result!
This Adele March 2012 video shows, she really is in great shape ! No slimming photoshop…
Little detail: I love her cute dog in this video!
Vogue ambassador Andre Leon Talley (plus size) was busy chatting up Melissa McCarthy at ALT’s Red Carpet. Check out the video!
An editorial in this month’s Vogue Russia featuring a whole lot of Marni for H&M. We start to see more and more of this collection. A lot of graphic prints…. love this style, would love to wear this collection! The collars, the printed T shirt…. Well done H&M and Marni!!! Hopefully H&M will extend the sizes, so that inbetweenies can also wear this collection! And can I have one of these wigs?
A great conclusion of Vogue.it
“Curvy or Skinny is not a war, and it’s not an exam: it’s a fantastic partnership. There are no winners or losers, there are no right answers or wrong answers. What counts is the uniqueness of each person, and their physical and psychological health. Health is a personal matter and being healthy is the only victory, the only right answer.”
That’s why I am working on more diversity in fashion, because style has nothing to do with size!
Disney Princesses Redesigned As Vogue Supermodels. These illustrations are creative and fun, and if these Princesses were real people and not just fictitious characters. The artist, Dante Tyler, did a fabulous job! Wich one is your favorite?